Monday, October 20, 2008

So we'll see

Friday's interview seemed to go well, but you never know until you get some follow-up.  We had a good meeting where I covered my background and the hiring manager covered his pain points.  I think I can help them, but he really hadn't defined the job yet.  In short, a CIO of about 40 years retired, the CFO inherited IT, he's had a consultant in to help him set direction for a few months and now he's trying to figure out what he wants in terms of an organization and the talent to staff it. So we'll see.

On the one hand, I feel good that I had an interview, and I think I'd like this job if it becomes available (at the right price and authority).  On the other hand, it's the first interview I've had, and I wonder if it's smart to take the first thing that comes along.  I've had situations where I've taken the first thing and others where I've been able to be more selective.  Both have worked out.  So we'll see.

In other job news, I got a lead that a company similar to the one I just left fired their IT Director. I had already reached out to the CEO at that company, through a mutual acquaintance.  So I sent another note out to reconnect.  So we'll see.

No comments: