A few recent things:
- A couple of reach outs to people I used to work with on behalf of folks I've met at my outplacement group. One of them finally returned my call.
- Research on the education requirements for the PMP exam.
- A few on-line applications.
- A conversation about a job for which I wasn't really qualified. And I'm not sad about that since the job was in Springfield MA and I haven't considered relocation, yet.
- A second phone screen for my "perfect" local job
- A phone interview (tomorrow) for a consulting job that would have me travel 50 percent of the time.
It's that last item that has me thinking. I have had jobs where I've done some travel, but it was mostly to the home office. At one point, I was actually living away from home each week. This went on for about 9 months and it was at a time when my kids were young. It put enough stress on me and my family that I found myself another home office assignment with less travel. But things are different now. Jobs are scarce. My kids are grown and on their own. My wife has a career. I'm mostly worried about my dog. He's gotten used to having me around.