Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back on the Horse

After not getting a lot done yesterday (I uploaded a photo to Linkedin, Facebook and polished my LinkedIn profile), it's time to get back at it, including a blog post to keep me honest. A few events from late last week:
  • I got my first rejection letter.
  • I received a phone call from a headhunter I had worked with at my last job. I believe my Monster resume posting must have triggered his call. He was inquiring about the circumstances of my departure and offering to help. He spoke of a couple of opportunities on the phone and I will be meeting with him today.
  • I received two phone calls from two different people from the another head hunter agency after posting my resume on Monster. They will be called back today.
  • I have spent more time setting up agents and reviewing jobs on-line. I'll be firing off resumes this week.

So, it's time to regain the enthusiasm and get busy again. Here I go.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

wow you've done a lot to get going again, which I know must be hard. Being a mom at home all day, I know finding just the motivation to go to the store can take some mustering. When all you have is time....it's hard to do things, because you have so much time....why bother? It can put me in a circle sometimes, and I end up getting nothing done. So good for you for getting so much going. You throw enough things at the wall and something will stick at some point. Good luck this week! - and where can we see some wedding pics??? Glad you got such an awesome day.